You want to order one of the Light-O-Rama Cosmic Color Devices and use it in your diplay. Problem is, you have no idea how it’s all going to work together. Fear not, it’s actually very easy.
This example shows the Cosmic Color Ribbon (CCR), but any Cosmic Color Device (CCD) will connect the same way. The green lines CAT5 cable. The blue line is the USB cable from your computer to your USB485 device.
- The Light-O-Rama ShowTime Software works on your personal computer running Microsoft Windows and allows you to design your own shows. ShowTime Software then runs your shows and sends the right commands at the right time to the various control channels. ShowTime Software can even keep music synchronized to the controller commands.
- Speakers to play the music accompanying your show are attached to the computer sound card.
- Your personal computer communicates to the controllers using a device plugged into your computer’s serial or USB communications port. The blue line shows the standard serial output of your computer (RS-232 or USB) out of your PC where it enters our converter that transforms the signal to the native Light-O-Rama network protocol (the green line) that connects to our various types of controllers over standard computer network wire. We recommend Cat 5 LAN cables available from us and off-the-shelf from your local big box store in the computer section.
- The Light-O-Rama ShowTime Pro or ShowTime PC controllers include special effects such as simple on/off, intensities, smooth fading, twinkling, shimmering. Up to 200 controllers (each handling 16 unique electrical circuits) can be daisy chained on the LOR network giving you the ability to control over 3,200 channels.
- Electrical power is supplied to the controller placed close to your lights so you don’t need to run long extension cords. Commands from the ShowTime Software Suite are performed on each controller. Power to each of the attached lighting circuits is controlled independently. Think of having many dimmer switches that the computer can change very quickly and independently.
- Connection to the Cosmic Color Ribbon controllers. Multiple ribbons can be daisy-chained like all other controllers on a Light-O-Rama network. Note: each Cosmic Color Ribbon controller includes a power supply requiring a connection to primary power just like number 5 above.